Bristol PIE Shop: moving towards a psychologically informed city
The Bristol PIE Shop was a great success and we will be posting content from the day here - watch this space...
Date: Tuesday 28th November 2017
Location: The Vassall Centre, Gill Avenue, Bristol, BS16 3QQ.
Event programme and presentations
Follow this link to download your event information pack.
Morning talks include:
- Lived experience stories
- An overview & history of PIE with Robin Johnson
- Service stories of PIE
- Evaluating PIE
- Understanding trauma
- This workshop will provide an overview of complex trauma, what it is and how to support people struggling with it. Topics covered will include: an introduction to attachment theory and the impact of complex trauma and how it affects relationships. Participants will be encouraged to reflect on what it can mean for our work with clients.
- Psychological approaches
- This workshop will consider:
- What do we mean by psychological approaches?
- How can we understand why people do the things they do?
- What psychological models are helpful in developing this understanding?
- Topics covered will include: Formulation, CBT/DBT, Attachment, Trauma, and how to implement these ideas in your workplace.
- Reflective practice
- If you’ve ever wondered what reflective practice is - this workshop describes some of the models used, talks about the benefits and challenges of setting up reflective spaces and demonstrates what a session might look like in practice
- A "how to" of PIE
- If you want to know where to start with PIE or are stuck on 'how to do it' this workshop is for you. Participants will get an opportunity to think about some simple steps to introduce PIE to their organisation and get some tips to tackle some of the obstacles that may be in their way.
For more information
Contact Liv (Mon-Wed): 0117 909 6630 ext. 126
PIE in practice
If you would like more info on how PIE might work in practice, there is a really helpful document here: